Sunday, February 14, 2021

Chocolate Covered All Wheel Drive...

Him: "I need to win the lottery.  I hate this job"

Me: "OK. I'll allow it"

~Work Texting With The Husband


In anticipation of a rare three day weekend together, by day two the husband has left me to my own vices, as NASCAR is calling and he's off spending time with his Brother in Law who recently had a stroke. He's fine, but it's a firm reminder that some guy time was way overdue.  I suspect chili will be brought home, and how can I argue with that? 

Youngest is out with his on again, off again, who this week is on, girlfriend.  He stopped by to use the bathroom on their way to gallivanting. He was wearing a nice new sweater that made him look like he was in his twenties. The girl has taste.  He has assured me all galivanting will come to a screeching halt by 7pm as he has to be at work by 5 am tomorrow.

Oldest assured me he'll be in the dorm doing nothing... which he seems okay with. I may or may not bring him a box of stuff tomorrow, the verdict is still out. Sometimes it's just easier to pay the $15 and mail it.

Which brings us to this moment.  Behold!  My big Valentine's day plans... 


Behold youngsters, this is what happens when you're together forever and spreading out to fold laundry with full control of the remote seems like a special treat. I have old school cartoons on in the background by the way, just because I can.

Yesterday, the Hubs accompanied me to the car dealership where I entertained buying a new car.  Three years ago I bought a Jeep Patriot and it has been my least favorite car, ever.  And I've driven some doozies. Aside from the little frustrations like not having automatic exterior lights, but interior lights so you think your headlights are on in a lit parking lot when in fact they are NOT, and plastic pieces breaking in your hands where you are trying to adjust the seats, at around 40K miles the transmission started to slip, and has only gotten worse.  I do like the size of it, and the fact that I can get into nearly any parking space, but it's just not a good representation of what I had expected from a Jeep. In addition to this, I feel like I was taken for a ride at the dealership, sales and service not hearing my concerns and issues, and honestly, screwing me with the interest rates knowing I was in a tough spot with my son's other Jeep. The Hubs has been insisting that I work way too hard to not drive something I like, and I kept refusing to spend the money to get out from underneath it. But I caved, and we went to the dealership anyway. I did not have high hopes, but in lieu of the standard chocolate dipped fruits that we usually do for all Hallmark holidays, I ended up with this for Valentine's....




It's a heritage blue 50th anniversary 2018 Subaru Impreza.  It has a lot of bells and whistles I don't need, but it drives smooth, has all wheel drive, auto lights (in and out), a sun roof, and heated seats. I pick it up on Wednesday.  It's not even in the driveway and Oldest wants to drive it. And despite all the contents of the Jeep now strewn about the kitchen table, Youngest still has yet to ask if we found a car yesterday. 

Which brings me to my next project of the day, washing all my reusable bags and sifting though all the odds and ends I tucked everywhere in the Jeep. I mean seriously, how much crap does one girl need?  Apparently it's a lot. Really, you need anything, spare sock, nail clippers,  hair elastic, safety pin, tire gauge?  I'm your girl. The prospect of having a trunk again is very exciting friends. I can have all my extra clothes for whatever the day brings while delivering mail (rain coats, sweatshirts, Clorox wipes, boots, rain pants, extra socks, etc.) Plus my grocery bags and doggie essentials tucked away neatly instead of anywhere it would fit. I also have to find all my original Jeep paperwork so I can cancel all the refundable warrantees and GAP coverage.  Might as well get every penny I can back, and we all know they're not going to volunteer it. 

I also finished the taxes this weekend, went grocery shopping, did some snow clean up, and I listed some things on eBay.  Anyone out there need a German Beer stein? And I still have one more day to go until we resume our regularly scheduled work week. 

Maybe I'll treat myself to some chocolate covered strawberries.


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car! Your husband is right - you should drive something you don't hate. I hated my last three cars now I'm driving one that I love...totally worth the car payment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a nice Valentine's Day present!! You deserve it!
    Whoohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The Stein is tempting, but I'm so out of knick-knack space- especially beer related items...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure? The bidding's started at 22.50. :)

      Delete
  4. Great looking car!! I bet it drives really nice!! Glad you have something dependable that you also like! And double great that you both had a 3 day weekend together (for the most part :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the (Subaru) force be with you. I wish I had a sweater that could make me look like I'm in my twenties! I hooked up the pump today to start getting rid of some water in the backyard. After about 20 minutes another thunderstorm began. But at least I know how to hook it up and it's easy to do.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeeps suck, we owned one once and it was my least favorite vehicle ever too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...