Saturday, April 18, 2020

Today...

Today was a rough day. Nothing exceptional to speak of that made it that way, aside from waking up to three inches of slushy snow in mid April, but rough nonetheless.

Truth is, I'm tired.  I'm tired of hearing about how horrible it is for some to be stuck  in the house, when sometimes that's all I wish I could do.  I'm tired of feeling like I shouldn't go anywhere besides work, and yet grateful that I have a paycheck coming in when so many others do not.  I'm tired of fighting with my son to do the right thing, when truthfully all he's doing now a days it what I'm doing... going to work. I'm tired of seeing face book photos of people being applauded and supported for drinking wine at 9 am so they can make it through the day, and then not understanding when their kids just need a break from isolation.

I'm tired of following lines on the floor of the grocery store and having to apologize when I can't get it right.  My mind just doesn't work that way.  I hate wearing a mask 8 hours a day.  Wearing it in the office, out of the office, in the mail truck, alone, not alone, tight, not tight, fogging up the glasses, wearing contacts, not wearing contacts because I'm touching my eyes. Wear gloves, don't wear gloves, run out of gloves, can you get more of those black gloves? It's exhausting. I'm tired of having to accommodate everyone's fears, real or not, and listening and supporting everyone's political ideas, irrational or not. Open the country, don't open the states, flood the beaches with people, and fight for your second amendments.  What. The. Actual. Heck?

I'm tired of the judgement.

Did you sanitize?
Where are your gloves?
Did you wash that?
Who were you with?
Why are you talking?
Are you 6 feet apart?
Is that essential?
Are YOU essential?
Why the F is there no toilet paper?
Who possibly poops that much?
We need more toilet paper.
Who stole my Lysol wipes?
Did they sanitize it before they stole it?

It's a deep, dark, rabbit hole. And I am hanging on for dear life today half way down it.

Worst game of cooties ever.


4 comments:

  1. Sending hugs, Juli. None of this is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are certainly interesting days we are living through right now. I won't be around in 50 years but I'm wondering what the history books will say about this time. I hope your days ahead get better or at least that snow doesn't put a damper on your day; snow in April is never fun!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was 60 and sunny. Much better. We went for a long walk in between making masks and chocolate/white chocolate chip cookies.

      And I stayed out of the grocery store.

      Delete
  3. Some people cope better then others, I am not one to judge, just not me

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...