Friday, January 20, 2023

Week Three... (With Pictures)

 

The Kiki curl.  When this happens, we know weather is coming. The tighter and longer the curl lasts curl, the worse it will be. Thankfully, it only lasted about 30 minutes, unlike the 18 hours of wet snow flurries we got Sunday into Monday. Hubs and I (and incidentally Youngest, shocker) hunkered down for the most part and binged watched a reality style competitive game show called The Traitors on the Peacock network, which was unexpectantly good. The dog has had a bit of a belly bug, so I cooked her more hamburger and rice for the day, and worked on laundry. While the snow didn't amount to much, the complete lack of salting/sanding by the town, made for a treacherous half mile drive to go pick up dinner on Sunday night. 


Monday, we celebrated Martin Luther King Day here in the states, and as federal employees we get the day off. I planned lunch with two friends and had therapy in the early afternoon, and Hubs  was supposed to go to lunch with our brother-in-law. Two weeks ago, when I did the bonsai class with my niece, I grabbed some custom IPAs from the distillery for him. Our BIL affectionately calls us the "Off Cape Ber Supplier, and his WIFE" for a reason. But since the weather took a crappy turn, the beer still sits in the fridge waiting for a weekend delivery. 


Tuesday, being the day after the holiday, was quite busy at work.  Despite working a much longer day, I still came home and cleaned up the house, threw some laundry in, ran the dishwasher, and walked the dog. One of the projects Youngest wanted help with was storing and selling an 18-foot trailer, so I spent some time working on FB inquiries and searching down a tow. It's going well in that I have found a person to tow it and store it for free while it gets titled. I may not say I love you as much as I should, or give hugs and snuggles like most moms do, but there are always clean clothes and dishes, help with life's conundrums, and general order at home when the outside world gets too chaotic. It's my love language. Which is good, since Bonus Son also dropped off laundry this week, all four loads of it. 

Wednesday was a beautiful 55 degrees. I was happy.  The dog was happy. It was as good day.

Thursday my blog book arrived.  It may be dorky, but I like having the blog in book form.  No website to visit, no spam comments to weed through, you just walk across the living room and volia! there it is. Most of the time they collect dust, but the other night I found Youngest going through his childhood scrapbooks of our adventures.  So maybe, maybe, all my effort was not lost. 

The Hubs had several pre-op appointments for his upcoming surgery. Turns out, he's a candidate for a different surgery, one with a recovery time of 2-5 days as opposed to the original one he was having with a recovery time of 3-5 weeks. Needless to say, he's being referred over to the doctor who specializes in this new procedure, and hopefully things will go smoothly from there.   

Youngest has his MRI tonight, Friday, and his follow up on Thursday of next week.  From there we will decide the best course of action to reattach the severed tendon in his hand.  He also got his inspection sticker done for his car, his taillight fixed, did his own laundry without prompting, brought it all downstairs, and offered to wash the pans from dinner.  

After his offer to wash the pans, I thought I might have died right there and then, but no. Turns out I was still alive the next day when we had a real back and forth conversation about difficult things and an hour later, I got a text of I Love You. 

I have no idea what's happening with him, but I'm riding this train for as long as it lasts. 


7 comments:

  1. I totally understand wanting to ride that train for a long, long time. Happy travels.
    It seems to me that your mothering falls into the actions speak louder than words category - loud applause from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on that text, I'd say Youngest can read your love language loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so bored. You never have anything to do. (Don't you wish it were true sometimes?) I don't think your blog book is dorky. It's cool! That I Love You text means a lot, along with the many things he took care of. Dare I hope it's true progress?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounds like a fairly good week, IPAs excepted. I'm a stout and/or trippel fan myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ride that train for as long as it lasts! :) :)
    I hope all the doctor visits go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the Blog Books for a while but aborted it when I became too prolific a Blogger and detached from even keeping my Archived Posts Online and now delete them regularly. But, I must say they did a fine job of the Books and tho' I never look at them, perhaps future Generations will... or donate them and some lucky and mystified Chazza Shopper will wonder what a Blog even was? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

Dullards? Dullster? It's All Quite Mundane, Really.

 Facebook's algorithms have suggested that I might like the social groups Dull Women and Dull Men of Face Book.  Apparently you can be a...