Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Checking In...

 



Saw this on the book of faces.  (Yes, I'm back on, don't judge me.  At least now I know I can walk away.)  I sent it to Youngest, since his manic episodes have led to much shopping (and more recently returning).  It's the compulsive click to feel better, and then, well, he doesn't. 

Him: "It will be here in a month."

Me: "Good thing Alaska doesn't use her kennel."

Him: "It's the perfect place"

 Things have been slowly getting better.  I am almost afraid to say it aloud because when I do the backslide is inevitable.  He has court on Thursday (Edit: HAD court, it was continued, his lawyer feels it will be better for him to not be virtual.) and we went to my friend's house to get him a hair cut.

Her: "So what look are we going for today?"

Him: "Not guilty."

Ultimately the consensus is that things will work out fine.  Just kind of stinks that he can't resolve it before the holidays.  But for now, he's moving on to the next thing, finding a car.  He's started working part time again, and doesn't hate it.  We went to breakfast the other day with my Mom.  His appetite is less than acceptable.  I asked him if it was the stress of court or if it was something else.

Him:  "Well, my life's kind of like a house fire right now, and all I've got is a squirt gun to put it out. But, I've let people know they need to settle what they owe me.  I figure then I can upgrade to a super soaker."

THIS is Youngest.  This, off the cuff, quick as a whip humor that I missed so much.  He's struggling still, yes.  But There's tiny, tiny, steps that say he's working through things.  He confessed a guilt to his girlfriend tonight, they broke up... again.  Not sure what's going to happen there, but just because she's good to him, doesn't mean she's good for him.  And all relationships end, one way or another.

Oldest is just about done with his semester.  I believe he starts finals this week. All I know is that this online hybrid thing sucked and he's headed to the city in January.  He's back with his old roommates in a luxury high rise dorm that he'll never be able to afford outside of college. It will be easier for him to study with his groups and learn immersed in the college experience, it's just a hefty price tag to pay.  Though, I'm mid-refinance on the house so my co-signing for him has gone wonky.  I have options, just not sure I want to use them yet. 

The hubs is on another run of antibiotics since the first one barely touched the Lyme symptoms.  Holiday is on us and we're both stretched thin which doesn't help. The dog is on the mend though, her uti seems to have cleared up nicely and while we still put them down, the pee pads are only utilized one of 5 nights now.  Fingers crossed she's good to go, because giving her pills has become an all out game of chess, and I have no idea how to play chess.

Hubs and I picked 2 things we wanted this year.  I dropped off my rings at the jewelers yesterday for the redesign I wanted. Today I picked up the new couch that Hubs wanted...


Well, half of the couch. We would have had to make two trips anyway and we already took the other couch out.  Rather than wait another week, we took what they had.  Seems the distribution center shipped out 2 lefts by mistakes.

Well played 2020, well played.

8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you - so I'm glad you posted an update. Fingers crossed that Youngest getting on the right track.

    Loved the picture - sounds like me these days. A box arrives and I'm like "What did I order NOW?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting a sofa and chair soon, as well./ Misty's body slamming an already weakened chair sheared a carriage bolt straight in two. Glad somethings are getting better, he's been in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope all will stay on track and that this crazy year will end up halfways decently so that we can begin 2021 with a fresh start and a much better year to look forward to. Best to you and yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of Christmases past with the kids when I would wrap their presents early December and then forget what was in them on Christmas Day when they were opening them. All were surprises for all.

    It would have been nice to wrap up Youngest's ordeal before Christmas but as weird as this year, of course that wouldn't happen. Good that Oldest will be back in person learning come next semester. I think all kids need that regardless of what age or grade they are in.

    Too cute with the couch. But then like you said, so 2020!

    In case you don't post between now and then Merry Christmas and let's hope 2021 is a better year all around!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. X's mania was difficult to take and definitely contributed to the divorce. He changed jobs frequently and always thought everyone was picking on him. We had to move so many times. I hope everything goes well with youngest.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG the Look your Son was going for had me ROTFLMAO, he is wickedly Funny! I can relate to Manic binges, I try to temper them, sometimes it even Works. I do Hope his Court Case goes Well, I know the worry of all of that with Adult Children sorting thru their messy lives. The Schizophrenic Daughter called Today on one of those Video chats, due to her Condition she moves constantly and it makes me dizzy even tho' I know she can't help the Pacing incessantly like a Caged Tiger. She may have her Three Youngest for the Holidays and I do worry about her Coping with that, the Paternal Gramma has been the one Raising those Two, we Raised her Oldest Two, the other Gramma is recovering from COVID and is 90 Years Old and not doing well. So I cringe to think I could inherit Three more just as I almost have the last Grand Raised already... dammit! Those Three were Raised in Mexico and don't even speak or understand English... so, it would be the ultimate Challenge... and they're all Tweens or Teens now so having Four Tween/Teen Girls to finish Raising would probably finish me off?! *LOL* Not to mention increase our Odds of catching The Rona and dying horribly... tho' the 90 Year Old Gramma Survived it, so that gives me Hope we might too if Heaven Forbid...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I meant the other Gramma has been Raising those Three!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...