Thursday, April 6, 2023

Week Fourteen...

 Can we all just take a moment and applaud the fact that I am actually keeping up with my blogging (more or less) once a week? 

This week is the first week where I've really felt like myself since the surgery.  I think, in talking to the Hubs regarding both our procedures, we both completely underestimated how much quality of life we'd been sacrificing.  I mean, not getting up 6 times a night to pee? Yes please!

The Hubs decided to sell off a lot of his old collections.  We posted his Insanely Huge Lot of Star Wars stuff on FB marketplace and if everything goes as planned, we will complete the sale on Saturday.  Funny part is this guy has no idea how much stuff is in the Insanely Huge Lot, as every time we pull a new box down to go through, we find more.... and more.  Thankfully, this guy has a truck.

Next up is his Hot Wheels Collection, 86 items, all in the original packaging, as if it were plucked from the shelves yesterday.  But it wasn't.  It's from 1998 & 1999. Stored for all these years.  I also posted his KISS collectible cars, as a joke I sent them to my friend as an early Christmas present for her husband.  No joke, we're meeting up this week so she can buy them.

I posted his DVD collection; it sold in 6 hours.

We are going through his Hot Wheels collection this weekend as it is another insanely huge lot, God help me. Then the PEZ, and while I have no hopes for it, he's teasing that the NASCAR collection can go as well.

Youngest, has had high hopes for a few years of owning a smoke shop.  Pot is legal here for both recreational and medicinal use, so glass shops are popping up everywhere, particularly ones that don't sell actual bud because the liability is far less, and the licensing is easier to get. In January, when everything came to a screeching halt, His Pipe Dream went up in smoke. He tried developing a web page for it all, but soon got overwhelmed, and having cut himself off from the smoking world, moving it all proved exceedingly difficult. Seeing how I've been off for a bit, I found a specialty site, similar to eBay, and began listing. For someone that has never smoked, I now know WAY more about this than I ever wanted to know. The things we do for our kids, huh?

So yeah, between becoming the CEO of Youngest's head shop business, and an active Marketplace side hustle for the Hubs, I've been keeping busy.  I had my follow up appointment with the doctor today. I fully expected to go back to work next Tuesday, and despite not being able to sleep in until 9am, was welcoming going back and regaining some semblance of normal. He cleared me for work with limited capacity.

There is no limited capacity for a carrier.

So, now I'm out of work until May 1st.

They'd better start nailing stuff down around here... with another 3 weeks there'll be nothing left I haven't sold.

10 comments:

  1. Well done you. I could use your services here in clearing out things of his (and mine).
    Look after yourself please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dream job would be an organizational assistant. Perhaps after I "retire"

      Delete
  2. See, I collect things you likely can't sell- beer caps, bottles of which I've consumed the contents, "Orphaned" golf balls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised. Youngest was upcycling old alcohol bottles for a while. Needless to say we have TONS of clean Hennessy, Sky Vodka, Crystal Skull bottles still. They are going on MP next for the crafters... they are in high demand. :)

      Delete
  3. They are keeping you busy! Must be wonderful to get so many things sold and clear out some space, though. Purging has been good for me, too. I wonder how it will make your husband feel when so much is gone. I hope he feels lighter! :) And that you both feel better and better, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's ready to let a lot go. Most has been out of sight out of mind for so many years...

      Delete
  4. You're making good use of the time off. Tony has been a serious collector. When you sell a collection, he won't start a different collection, will he? I've never been a big collector except for having tons of books.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, I'm an anti hoarder. I don't think he will as he will still have his sports cards. There was a reason he collected these things, to bond, to fill time, to fill a need. I think he's grown past those things, and is finally ready to let them go.

      Delete
  5. A number of years ago I gave away mt Star Trek collection it was a large collection of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you! Getting things that aren't needed/used out of the house is deeply satisfying to me (and you). I went through the kitchen today and forced The Husband to make some snap decisions about what stays and what goes; since he has a crockpot on the way (why? We don't need one; he only wants it because he had to borrow one for a local chili cookoff earlier this month). We had so many things that he bought and didn't like (or forgot about) that was just hanging out taking up space. For God's sake, we had TWO potato ricers....both of which are never used. He let one go. I guess we'll hang on to the other one or a year or so before he'll be ready to let it go.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...