Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Is It Too Late To Trade Him In?

My niece graduates High School on Friday.  Needless to say there's been quite a bit of crafting and last minute stuff going on here and at her house to get things ready.  Last night she and my sister came over so that she and I could decorate the top of her mortar board for Friday's procession. Super fun, but when she doesn't get here until 7:30, it makes for a later night.

They left around 10pm, and Youngest came in, sober, around 10:30.  Totally reasonable, said goodnight, and went to bed. Around ten past 6 I went down just to make sure he was up, which he was. I returned to the living room, opened the shades, and went back downstairs...

Me: "Um, where's your car?"

Him: *Thinking WAY longer than he should have* Oh, it's at freshy. I'll just walk over and get it.

Me: Okay...


He emerges from his room and looks out the living room windows.


Me: "What are you looking for?"

Him: "The car"

Me: "Pretty sure I didn't miss a bright red car in the front yard."

Him: "Where are my keys?"

Me: "I have no idea.  You want me to track them for you?"

Him: "No.  I'll do it, just find me the spares"

Needless to say, the car was in fact not here, and neither were the keys. He did find the car where he left it, but the tracker on his keys GPSed the last location about 5 miles west of where he was last night. Now completely awake and an hour early for work, I did some hunting downtown for the keys. I left the phone number various places in case they turned up, then went to work.

Around 1pm I had not heard anything from him so I double checked that he had texted his friend to see if she had them in her car (which would explain why the tracker pinged them across town).  I was about to take the dog downtown to sniff them down like a bloodhound when he texted me that his friend who rolled out of bed at NOON, just found them in her car.

*sigh*

We may need to invest in a tracker for his tracker the way this kid loses stuff.


5 comments:

  1. Big sigh. It sounds like he is an expert at looking with his mouth rather than his eyes. And that you help him.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I may have missed it, but where was the car? I'm assuming it was eventually found? At least he was sober, right?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add another *sigh*. At least it and the keys were found eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you blog admin for this wonderful post,As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS & Gastro Disorder and herpes, I decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my everything and the symptoms were terrible, she always complained of heavy menstruation, and she always had difficulty falling asleep . We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and I saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many others with similar body problems, and they left the contact of this doctor who has the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and he has herbal cure for Herpes,HIV/Aids,Diabetes,Neuro Disease,Cancer,Back Pain,COPD,Parkinson, and other disease you can visit Dr Itua herbal center website to read more www.drituaherbalcenter.com or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...