Monday, June 26, 2023

Week 26? No Wait, 25.

 I need to stop rushing the weeks, they go by fast enough. 

This past week had Father's Day and the Hubs birthday.  Hubs was on vacation for ten days, so not a whole lot got done.  We had lobsters with my parents on Wednesday night, a late father's day dinner. Hubs gift arrived right on time, despite being shipped all over the country. I bought him a new bumper for his truck. It made it all the way to Connecticut before heading back to the Midwest, and then back to CT two days later, and then here. I was smart enough to call the dealership and get the exact part number for his VIN, but sadly not smart enough to realize he had aftermarket tow gear installed and that it wouldn't be a quick swap.  Hubs, my Dad, and my nephew are tackling that on Saturday.  Fingers crossed I can afford the nickels needed for the swear jar. 

Father's day was more or less uneventful, Oldest was home for the weekend, Bonus son came by, Youngest was in and out. All the kids signed the birthday card for the Hubs, including Youngest, who had time to think about it and still opted to be part of the gift, so that's something.  I also found them sitting on either ends of the couch the other day, however brief, which may sound stupid, but given the last six months, is epic. 

Otherwise, not much to report.  They tried to call me in to work today, but given I slept most of the day Sunday, I really wanted to make an effort to get some things done instead. I worked up some crafts on my cricut, stripped Youngest's steamer trunk that I'm refinishing for him, reorganized the garage, saw my parents for breakfast, filled screw holes and caulked seams in the laundry room's new drywall, unscrewed & tossed the solar light that Hubs ran over with the lawnmower, and screwed some wheels onto that huge slice of wood I got from my neighbor so I can move it around easier. I've discovered it makes a great footrest for the Adirondacks. I also finished applying/cosigning for Oldest's Masters tuition, only to find out that it appears federal aid is going to cover it. The bursar's office is known for making critical mistakes, so we're not getting our hopes up, but if it's true it means I don't have to co-sign and the interest rate is less than half of the other.  We shall see. 

That's all for now, see you in week 26, hopefully with pictures.

7 comments:

  1. I hope that tuition is covered by federal aid! Or can he apply for a graduate assistantship? I wonder if I'd still be married if I'd given X a bumper. Maybe that's what every man really wants.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounded quite busy enough without going in to work as well. Good luck on the tuition front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come sit in your back yard on a chair with a rolling wood slab footstool!
    Pro tip... don't answer the phone on your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That day of sleeping really revved up your motor and got you going!
    I hope the tuition is covered by federal aid.
    Have a marvelous week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please stop rushing the weeks away! When you decide to be productive you are VERY productive!! Fingers crossed that the federal aid comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that was certainly a more survivable week! Glad the tension seems to be abating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father's Day isn't till September for me, just saying
    The weeks are flying past already half way through the year
    You have been more productive then I ever am

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...