Friday, November 29, 2019

Picture Post...

It has been an eventful week here.  Most of which, I won't temp the universe in discussing early, but all in good time.

 The husband has been home on vacation, and I have worked myself to the bone as per the usual.  He came home last Thursday and by Friday morning was sick as a dog.  No amount of Lysol and Clorox wipes could hold off the ungodliness of this bug, of which he was so kind to share.  I have succumbed to it all, plus an ear infection and weird rash, which just gives it that added holiday flair, right?  Thankfully Youngest planned a *down* weekend, cancelling his black Friday craziness and reigning in the outings with friends.  This has been key to his getting more sleep and thus fighting it off so far.  Fingers crossed we don't send it back to the dorms with Oldest. It would be the last thing he'd need before finals.

Anyhoo...

A bit of a picture post for y'all...


I set the tree up a few weeks back because it was new and we had to figure out where it was going and fluff appropriately.  Oldest and Youngest decorated it last night for me, along with Youngest's girlfriend who was visiting.  Our tree is a combination of all the places we've been and the best memories from each year in photos. It was a fun trip down memory lane.
The angel I made in college.  Her gown is a scaled replica of an 1800's wedding dress.  And then because I didn't want to throw her out, I gave her wings and sat her on top of the tree.  The boys think she's creepy.  I'm kind of loving that she now sits eye level for them to stare at. 
My Mum made us the tree skirt a few years ago.  It lights up.  I am thinking of adding fairy lights for next year to really make it pop.

We are expecting our first accumulation of snow Sunday.  Thankfully it's turning over to rain for us.  I honestly can not handle snow before Christmas.  Hauling packages up driveways is hard enough without adding ice and slush.  Plus, this girl is not a fan...


Seriously.  She's such a Netflix couch potato.  Not a fan of rain either.

Sled dog?  I don't think so.

We've had her just over a year now, and she's the best rescue I've ever found. The perfect addition to our family.  I've been sleeping on the couch lately to help alleviate the spreading of the germs and coughing fits.  She checks on me at night. Multiple times. I get the wet nose against my face and this...

There's no better night nurse, let me tell you.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree! I hope to get mine up tomorrow, but somehow I doubt it will happen since a heavy chair needs to be moved first.

    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your angel. I hope everyone is well now.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos I like your angel doll, different

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is so cute! But she doesn't like snow! I get it with the rain as most dogs don't seem to like it, but I have found the dogs in my world have enjoyed snow. Sorry to hear about the sickness. I caught a cold from the wee one; that hasn't happened in a long time. Not sure what I did wrong when I was watching him and he was sneezing all over the place. Hope everyone feels better soon! I love your tree; so festive! I have to admit the boys could be right about the angel.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...