Saturday, October 3, 2020

Bit Of This And That...

I wrapped up a bunch of finances that have been lingering for a bit and the money to do so all hit my account at the same time. Not gonna lie, I went a bit crazy.  I bought steak and toilet paper in the same trip.

2020.

It's make me reckless.

I also bought a mega pack of sharpie markers for work. 

Clearly, I am out of control.

Currently I'm just sitting here in my jammies, under two blankets because I'm too cheap to turn the heat on before Halloween, churning through a small mountain of laundry, while the dog sighs her why aren't we in bed yet?? sighs, and Hubs watches the soccer game on TV. 

Seriously, forty five has never looked so sexy, am I right?

I booked our weekend away and the travel to and from.  Fingers crossed it doesn't rain because it's non-refundable. The hotel has instituted a "2020 clause" in which I can change the dates free of charge, which puts the mind at ease a bit. Pictures will follow I promise, even if they are just of me in a chair with a book in my lap. I love that working Sundays has allowed me to pay for this get away in cash. I may continue to ride the Sunday OT wave while it lasts.

I've been researching front load washers in my spare time. 2020, what have you done to me???  I'm not happy with our current top load one.  I just don't feel like it gets our clothes clean.  Originally I bought it because it doesn't have the agitator in the middle so it could accommodate blankets and comforters. It seemed like a solid idea.  A bottom agitator that would allow for more room and just as much cleanliness.  Turns out, not so much. I'll likely tuck the old one in the garage and eventually donate it via our local buy nothing site or to Habitat.  I hate when a useable appliance goes to the scrapyard. For someone, a functioning, albeit crappy washer, is better than no washer at all.

The boys are in the city this weekend.  Oldest had to work at the college so he headed in early, and I drove Youngest in after his shift at UPS. While I'm a bit of a wreck about what possible trouble they are getting themselves into, I'm reminded that they can get into just as much trouble at home if they wanted to. And, not gonna lie, the peace and quiet is kind of nice.  The weekend has been beautiful here, the kind of weather I want to work outside in. The Hubs and I did some grocery shopping once I got home, and had ice cream for dinner. It's also kind of nice to not have to cook, or think about cooking, for the night. They'll have to lay low from their grandparents for the next two weeks as the contact points for potential COVID infection makes my head spin so it's better to be safe than sorry. Oldest will be tested again on Thursday though so that makes me feel a bit better.

Our state is just over the 1% positivity rate, which given our population and mass transit, is remarkably good.  But you still need to be careful.  I'm hoping the most recent, news worthy case (y'all know who I'm talking about) will result in a positive thing for the country. It could swing both ways really, either leadership FINALLY takes this seriously as a public health issue and encouraging and modeling mask wearing, or the whole thing falls to anarchy and chaos. I am really trying to stay blind to the politics.  I will vote, of course, but we are definitely at a crossroads in this country, and I'm not sure I want to be smack in the middle when it all shakes out. 

But, the political signs are really cracking me up. 

Like this Biden sign:

BYEDON 2020 

And then there's the Trump signs, that suspiciously never seem to include Pence, that say, "NO MORE BULLSHIT."

Which honestly, I just don't understand.  What exactly is the bullshit we're being spared of?  The political back and forth?  The last four years of non conformity? Or is it in hopes of sparing us more bullshit, by a reelection, as if to say the bullshit that has happened the last 4 years will change in the next four? I just don't think that one was well thought out.  

Then there's only one sign I can get behind, PEOPLE SUCK DOGS 2020. 

I'd support putting those signs all over the neighborhood.



 

10 comments:

  1. If it's new-ish I would consider selling it to offset the cost of a new one. I have the same type of machine and it's ok. When this one dies, I'm going to replace it with a top loader with an agitator in the middle. I don't think I would like a front loader at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My affinity for front loaders came when I was little, and the rare occasion I would go to the laundromat with my Mum. I was fascinated with the idea that I could actually watch the clothes get clean through the glass. For a girl that wondered about everything, that was amazing.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of front loaders, I worry about them breakdown while full of water. but that's just me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wondered about that, but so many people have them without an issue. I believe that if you clean the rubber seal once a month or so there is no issue with leakage or mildew.

      Delete
  3. We like to take a lot of car rides so we drive lots of neighborhoods. Its fun around the holidays to see the decorations. This year of course we are seeing lots of political signs. One said it best "Any Functioning Adult 2020." Our neighbor next door put up a sign for the party we aren't voting for. I temporarily thought about putting up a sign for the party we are voting for but then I thought "no, let's get a sign for their party they are supporting. It will confuse the heck out of them" because although I just know their names and their habits they enjoy in the backyard we are polar opposites in our beliefs (evidenced by the dozen of bumper stickers on their cars) and I'm sure they have heard hubby and my conversations in the backyard so they would know we are on opposite sides of views on things. In the end I decided on no yard sign.

    Are you sorting mail on Sundays or delivering mail? Its good to have the overtime. The regulars in the office I am doing temporary work at are working 11 hour days Monday through Friday and 8 hours on Saturday (not mandatory, only if they want to). I always worked as much overtime as I could get.

    I'm sure Oldest and Youngest with their trip went well.

    Our positivity here in Arizona I think is like at 4%. We are meeting benchmarks for opening more businesses and kids going to hybrid learning which I believe the kids in some districts are slated to go back on October 19th. We'll see what the numbers do then.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are currently sign free on our street. Which is good, because we love our neighbors and we don't need to mess that up.

      I am running packages on Sunday. Mainly it was to help the sub carriers not have to work 14 hour days. But honestly it's a nice change of pace from the regular delivering of mail. I can only do it on weeks that they don't force me in on Mondays, my other day off, because it would have me working 13 day stretches. So I was home today, I'll work OT on Monday, Double time on Saturday, and then Sunday for more OT. Monday is a Holiday, and there is no system to pay me, so I'll have the day off. I think that may be how I pay for the washer. :)

      The boys had a really good time. It was a nice change for all of us. But they are EXHAUSTED.

      We opened everything but the bars and major venues a few weeks ago. Thus the reason our numbers have gone from .8 to 1.1%. We'll see what happens when we close up the windows.

      Delete
  4. My friend has an official looking campaign sign in her yard, it says Any Functioning Adult 2020.
    I wish some money would hit my account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We bought one of the agitator free machines couple years ago. And I agree, clothes are not cleaner. And, they sometimes get so twisted together! I wish we hadn't gotten it but too late now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last sign might, I say MIGHT, require some punctuation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are clearly a Wild Woman... Steak and TP in one trip! I have a front load Washer and Dryer and prefer them, but I'm no expert Laundry Jedi. The peeps we bought this new Home from left a brand new Top Loading Washer and Front Loading Dryer so now we have all Four New Appliances... the Top Loading Washer is High Tech and everything is coming Clean, it's just harder to reach the bottom of since I'm quite short and could easily fall in while trying to get to clothing on the bottom! I do Hope you enjoy the Vacay, our Granddaughter has been invited to join a BFF and Family at a Chalet Cabin on 20 Acres over Fall Break... it's outrageously luxurious, something we couldn't do for her so I'm glad she has that to look forward to since Halloween this year could be a bust? If they cancel Trick-Or-Treating she'd be all dressed up in Costume with nowhere to go...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...