Monday, March 29, 2021

My Life Is A Highway, Getting Shot, & Dog Butts....



Me: Awe.  Why did you get me flowers?

Him: Because I love you.

Me: Okay.

...

Also Me: You sure you're not having an affair or something?

Him: makes squishy guilty face

Me: Nah, who am I kidding?  We are too tired and have no time for that.


Things have been, busy, to say the least.  Not hectic, just never ending.  In the last two weeks I have been to the city 6 times. Oldest decided to come home again this weekend, which I loved, but it meant yet another trip in to bring him back.  I was lucky enough that he opted for the train out so I didn't have to brave rush hour traffic, yet again. He's in a weird spot right now, crunch time in what feels like the fastest semester ever.  He's torn between wanting to be in town and wanting to be home.  The sleep and food is great at home, but he does like the lack of family drama. Either way he'll be home in 28 days, hopefully gainfully employed somewhere in the civil engineering field through the summer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my many trips into the city was to get my first shot.  A friend of my sister's has gotten good at navigating the CVS websites and is getting appointments for those of us that have fallen through the cracks. The Hubs and I were lucky enough to get Pfizer, which is typically better tolerated.  I still have swollen lymph nodes, but my nausea, chills, and headache have subsided 4 days out.  I'm sure I will have a reaction to the second dose, and I have taken off already from work just in case.  Anyhoo, when I saw it was going to take 2 hours to get home, and only 10 minutes to get to Oldest's dorm, I opted for an ice cream date with him, and sailing easily out of the city 2 hours later. The Hubs second dose is scheduled in that same location on my day off, so we have planned to head in early, take Oldest to lunch before his class, then head over. Might as well make the best of it, yes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girl had her teeth cleaned finally.  She had to have three teeth pulled, and it took her a bit to get back to her old self.

That moment you're just trying
not to puke in the back of your Uber.

Poor girl was like a lump for two days. To add to the awesomeness, they put her on an intestinal medicine that I already had in the cabinet for myself.  Same dose and everything. Of course I realized this after I paid $30 for her 11 pills. 

One minute I'm dancing on the table,
Next thing I wake up and my leg's shaved
.

The good news though is that they have literally ruled out every possible thing that could be causing her to have accidents at night.  The Vet game me some homework to do, and I've found that she's not excessively drinking water, just excessively drinking it at night.  So we've restricted her water intake after 9pm to once cup only, and it seems that we're curbing the issue. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work has picked back up, with 1 out with COVID and 3 out for contact tracing, it's making for plenty of available overtime. Pacing myself is the name of the game now a days. I'm still taking time here and there to organize and enjoy the little things about being home. I found these hooks at Ikea a month or so ago and finally got them properly situated in the mud room area...


They are prefect for the girl's coats and what not. I also reorganized our coats and what nots, as well as created an area for the husband's hats.  Which, upon pulling them all together, I think he may need an intervention.  But that's a whole different post for another week.

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the first shot! We've had ours (also Pfizer). No real after effects other than a sore arm for a day; but I keep hearing that the second one may cause some after effects.

    Oh, these husbands...they ALL need an intervention. Yours collects hats, mine collects food and other miscellaneous bits, my friend's collects cars (like actual, life size cars - I think we should be grateful that we are not her!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting your shots! Sorry it's such a long trip to do so--but working in son visits is a bonus.
    Funny hooks!
    Glad you figured out water intake with your pup. Poor thing--all those teeth pulled.
    Have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for geting the jab the more the better
    I like the hooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- We get #1 on the 10th.
    2- Yay! You get to share pills! ;)
    3- I'm trying to do a better job on those lines with Misty. Scrappy had seven out in one shot, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the Pfizer too, Shot No. 1 went well and oddly Shot No. 2 had less side effects and I felt perfectly fine by the next day and only just some headache and hot flash feelings the Night I got it. We're hopeful they release the new Pfizer for Teens, which they just did clinical trials on, since we're Raising a 15 year old Grandchild and she had to return to School in person and has some comorbidities I worry about {respiratory ailments since Birth}. Glad yours went well.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

Dullards? Dullster? It's All Quite Mundane, Really.

 Facebook's algorithms have suggested that I might like the social groups Dull Women and Dull Men of Face Book.  Apparently you can be a...