Thursday, March 2, 2023

Week Nine....

 Day fifteen post-surgery and I am finally getting a day to myself, to sit and smell the roses that my dear friend Janie sent me from across the country. She also anonymously sent chocolates from England, the good stuff, but I totally knew it was her.  She's the best-est!!!


The rollercoaster that is Youngest's life right now that has had me on the go every day, has come to an end, as he purchased a new car yesterday. Never an ideal situation when you have to have a car towed into the dealership, the salesman and finance guy did an amazing job getting him into a comfortable payment and solid car.  He has a 36-month payment commitment, and a 3-year warrantee for his new to him Toyota. Now if he can find a job, he could finally move forward with his plans...

I've been in and out of the vet four times in two weeks for the dog.  She needs to lose about 30 pounds.  Turns out her high-quality dry dog food is calorie packed and her normal serving size is half of what she's been getting for the last 4 years. In an effort to her lose the weight I've taken to making my own dog food, which she's a HUGE fan of. I'm a huge fan of the price tag, which, if I can also get her off the arthritis meds, will save us $300 a month. 

Oldest comes home tonight for Spring break.  He'll be home for three days before heading down to Florida with the Hubs. While spending it with Hubs wasn't exactly the Spring Break he wanted, the two of them will have a blast and they both could use to be away from home for a bit. I miss him and wish he was home for longer, but he's doing well and that's all I can really ask for, right?

As for me, I'm taking a lot of deep breaths, naps, and enjoying my current status of sitting on the couch with this girl...



5 comments:

  1. Cats love to keep people company when they are feeling under the weather. That purring, warm little body is so comforting. :) Rest while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you evenness. Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a cat person, have nothing against them just never owne one

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you are finally getting some down/alone time. That's always nice.

    What a gorgeous bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think making our own dog food will work here. When we first got Misty, she got a bad tooth infection which required me cooking up ground beef/rice to insert a plethora of pills and such into. She HATED it, and now whenever I cook, she hides in the bedroom until and unless she hears cheese slices open...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

Dullards? Dullster? It's All Quite Mundane, Really.

 Facebook's algorithms have suggested that I might like the social groups Dull Women and Dull Men of Face Book.  Apparently you can be a...