Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Week Ten...Elevenish

 My social battery at an all-time low, week ten was spent hiding away in the house between airport runs for Hubs and Oldest. Spring break went as fast as it came, with Oldest only being home for a few days of it.  Gormet ice cream sundaes were had, groceries were bought, TV shows were binged. While they were in Florida, Youngest and I were left to fend for ourselves. Attitude was thrown, glances were exchanged, words flew. By the end of the week, he was at least cleaning up his dirty dishes. Despite the weather being decent, walking the dog fell squarely on me while they were gone, and I developed a small hiccup in my recovery.  The doctor says it's nothing to worry about, but I'm back on some medications and taking my temperature every day to ensure it's not an underlying infection. 

The dog returned to the vet for a recheck of her liver enzymes.  She's gained weight even though we've reduced her food, and her liver numbers got worse.  They want her back in for a thyroid panel to see if that's the underlying cause of everything. In the meantime, her arthritis is getting better.

The cat is still a tiny ball of mayhem.

Today is Youngest's 21st Birthday.

More on that later.


4 comments:

  1. At least it was words that flew, and not the dishes! The doggie and I are in somewhat similar straits- Doc didn't like my numbers, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all survived and endured, though. I hope the pup will be okay...and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes nothing we do seems to make a difference and then it does and we feel good whether we have 2 legs or 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the hiccup - that's always disappointing.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

Dullards? Dullster? It's All Quite Mundane, Really.

 Facebook's algorithms have suggested that I might like the social groups Dull Women and Dull Men of Face Book.  Apparently you can be a...