Tuesday, September 15, 2020

When Life Takes Us Left....

The girl and I went for a walk today.

We always go right when we're here.

Today we went left.

Over the river and through the woods....

The baby swans are almost grown...

The water level is so low in the town brook that the ducks can't even float down the river...

Living in the oldest parts of the country, you find little nooks and crannies of when old meets new.  Some homes have cast iron signs, others are a bit more casual...

Pops of color when you least expect it...

Making the most of tiny spaces, their own private oasis...

Classic love of the old made new are everywhere here...


Forty five minutes later, up and down the hills of town, we circle back to the other side of the brook...

I eel like this is rhubarb.  It's ridiculously huge. The stalks are starting to turn, but a month ago they were deep red....  The girl is irritated we keep stopping for photos...
This mill was originally built in 1636.  It was destroyed in 1840 by fire... In 69 they rebuilt it as historical as possible, salvaging the stones from other mills from that period. The wheel still turns and it can still grind flour, selling it three months out of the year.  The rest of the year it functions as a historical non profit. 

And that concludes the 45 minute tour for the day.  Feel free to grab a complimentary water and feel free to tip your dog walker.



5 comments:

  1. Cut your toenails and you won't get so many holes in your socks.

    That's your tip.

    I can't wait until the air clears up here, I want to take a walk.
    I don't have a dog, though. Can I still walk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Delightful walk you took us on virtually, Thank You! I'm not getting out much here for walks, still triple digits and poor air quality due to the rampant Fires. Not to mention, it's the City AND the Desert, so our Visuals are completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little peek into life in your town! I love your mill - we have an old grist mill right down the road, it's been there since 1767 and is still operational today and they are open, I believe, seven days a week. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place you live at! I enjoyed your walk!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was cool! You should share more of these! And your tip is: Ignore the irritation. It evens things up from, "Faster, Mommy", "But I really want to bark at those people/animals", and "Oh, would you pick up that poop for me? There's the lass..."

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you know you want to...

With Distinction....

Somewhere around February Oldest had a breakdown thinking he was going to fail one class this semester, something about concrete structures?...